October 10, 2023

The 5 Most Important Things to Look for When Buying a House

 


Today’s question is what are the most important things to look for when buying a house?


So, you are thinking about buying a house? Congratulations! It’s an exciting time in your life, but it can also be very scary if you have never done it before, or if it has been a while. There is so much to think about and so many decisions to be made.


That’s where I come in. My name is Dawn D’Amico and I am a licensed realtor in Pennsylvania and over the river in New Jersey. I have helped lots of people buy and sell homes and I know what it takes to find you the perfect house.


In this article, I am going to share the most important things to look for when you are considering buying a house. Whether you are a first time homebuyer or a seasoned investor, this article is for you. So, what are the most important things to look for when you are buying a house?


Here are 5 important tips:


First, location.

This is one of the most important factors to consider when buying a house. Think about your lifestyle and what’s important to you and your family. Do you want to live in a walkable neighborhood? Do you want to live close to work or school? Do you want to live near parks and recreation?


The second thing, of course, is price.

This is another very important consideration. Making sure that you have a good understanding of your budget and what you can afford.


The third is size.

Consider how much space do you and your family need? Do you have a family? Do you work from home? Do you entertain often? Do you have pets that need some outdoor space?


Fourth is the condition of the house.

This is really important. Consider the age of the house or any repairs that need to be made and the overall condition of the property. Are you willing to do some updating in exchange for a price break on a house? Or do you want a home that doesn’t need anything except for your belongings moved into it?


The fifth thing you want to consider is schools.

If you have children or plan on having children, the quality of schools in the area is going to be really important to consider.


I have helped so many families get into their first home and it is such a rewarding experience to be a part of. I recently helped a first time buyer snag a home for $49,000 less than the asking price. That’s right friends, there are deals to be had out there.


So, you are probably wondering, how did I do it? Especially, during a seller’s market.


Well, the home was sitting on the market for about a month before my client decided to try to get pre-approved and start looking for a home. This home was in the right neighborhood, it was in the right school district, it had curb appeal and it had great bones, but it needed love on the inside and she was okay with that. But, the price was way off.


So, I did my homework. I brought a recent similar sold home to the listing agent’s attention and presented an offer in line with the home’s true value. And, guess what? The seller accepted. So, it is always worth a try. And, a lot of agents, they are afraid to write that kind of an offer.


Now listen, you cannot try and get $50,000 off of the price of a home if it just hit the market, but certainly if it has been sitting, then the price is just too high and the seller will eventually come to that reality when it does not sell in a timely manner.


If you are thinking about buying a house, I encourage you to reach out to me. I can help you find the perfect home for you and your family. Just call me anytime. Thank you for reading. I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions about buying a house, please do not hesitate to call or text me at the phone number below. And, I’ll talk to you soon.


📞 Dawn's Mobile: 215-962-9307, eXp Realty: 888-397-7352
📧 Email: dawn.damico@exprealty.com
🔗 More Info: https://bit.ly/3X9Ju4x